Monday, June 21, 2010

Hiding Beneath My Clothes

I've been told by several people that they had NO IDEA I even had scoliosis--especially not this bad! Yes, I've had this little dark secret most of my life (1/3 of my life anyways). I have always disguised it as much as I could. The worse my curve got, the baggier my clothes got. I tried not to wear any tight fitting clothes that might accentuate my figure. I never have had an "hour glass" figure like most girls. I was straight on one side of my body, similar to a boy's body, and curvy like a girl on the other side. I have never looked right in a dress. Most dresses are tighter fitting and always accentuate a woman's waist. I have never been happy with my waist so I always bought dresses that hid it!
And now, the pain is getting so bad that I can't even wear heals anymore. The way the heals lift my hips and move my spine, just send me over the edge. I tried wearing them 2 weeks ago, when I went to a banquet at Downstream. Even after taking 4 Ibuprofens I still was in unbearable pain! I literally took them off as soon as I got in the car and drove home barefoot.
So if you see me in the next few days, weeks or months, more than likely I will be wearing flip flops, sandals or at least flats!! The days of wearing cute, sparkly, blinged-out heals are over for this girl...at least for now! ;)

3 comments: