Tuesday, November 9, 2010

X-Ray from 1988

As I am preparing for my appointment in St. Louis next week, I find myself scrambling trying to find all of my old x-rays. I found a large rubbermaid container in the storage building over the weekend packed full of childhood memories. I found old jr. high yearbooks, pictures from dances, lots of notes from friends, scrapbooks my mom kept for me, diaries going all the way back to 2nd grade and much much more! At the very bottom of that container were my old x-rays. Probably the 1st x-ray I ever had of my back. It was dated 1988. I had a curve that measured 45 degrees at that time.
2 yrs later, another x-ray at 48 degrees. 15 years later it had progressed to 53 degrees. Now, 22 years since my first x-ray I sit at 67/68 degrees (depending on the doctor measuring)...
I sure wish someone would have persuaded my mom to take me to a pediatric hospital/ortho at the time....
Oh well, we can't change the past, we can only move on and change the future!
I am eagerly awaiting my appointment next week in St. Louis.
I hope to get some good news and a surgery date!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sure don't hurt yourself digging the past ...it is best to move on and be happy.The things that could have made your life better may hurt you...but that fact that now you have a chance is good enough. Atlanta Plastic Surgery

    ReplyDelete